View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:22 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

I am researching a new machine as well because my latest Pfaff and I do not get along. I have a list of must haves and some want to haves and go by that.

One good place to find out info is on www.patternreview.com You have to register but they have a free option to join. You can read all the reviews by users of the machine. Just so you know, I checked in real quick and there are more negative comments than positive at first glance.

In that price range, you can check Janome 6600, Brother NX450 (I think), and the one I am most likely going to get Babylock Quest Plus (or the Quilter's Choice is real nice too). I cannot recommend the Pfaff any longer because I am very unhappy with it.

Isn't machine shopping fun?

BTW: I never pay what the dealer quotes me without checking around first. I always check MSRP and generally start haggling at the 30% off mark. I also check various dealers and get quotes from them. It is a lot like buying a car.

Example: Dealer 1 quoted me $1,299 WITH trade-in. Dealer 2 quoted me @1,299 without trade-in and an additional $1OO off coupon special.