Old 04-11-2010, 08:15 PM
danmar

Originally Posted by wildyard
Tell us all, lol, we want to know too!!! About the points on the stars, that is.
Hi wildyard! I'm not sure that this will help alot, but this is what I have told others.

When I make my stars I try to keep all my points too. First of all, make sure that you sew a steady 1/4" seam so that when the block is made, you have your 1/4" seam allowance from the points. I've had to rip out some seams and re-sew them to get them right.

Then when I am sewing the blocks together, I put a pin through the point (back to front of material) then match it to the point on the front of the other star, (front to back) so the right sides are together. Then, leaving the pin in place and level,
not tipped up or down or sideways, which would make it off when you sew it, put another pin in about 1/8" to the right of the original pin to hold together for sewing. Then you can remove the first pin. When sewing, sew just past the star points before you remove the "holding" pin, so they can't move
before they are sewn.

You can also as I sometimes do, after pinning the pieces together, tack the points together with needle and thread. Then you can look at it and make sure the points are still there before sewing.

I hope this helps.

Marilyn