Thread: Sad but true
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:31 PM
yolanda

You are NOT alone. I had to cut myself off from online fabric shopping last year for 6 months. I have a recommendation: If you get the urge for new fabric ~ made a trade with someone. I have met two people on this board I've traded with. It's super fun even getting a few surprise squares in the mail goes a long way. Also once you get going on your projects from your stash/scraps you'll have a lot of fun - then you can buy only what you absolutely need to finish a quilt. PM me if you ever feel like trading something because you just have to get something new.

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Ladies and gents; This past Wednesday, I decided I needed an accountability partner, one who DOES NOT quilt, for my own sanity. I drove 3.5 hrs out of my way to go to a fabric shop to buy fabric, of course, and left only b/c I realized that I really did need some $ for food purposes on my business trip. I have quite a bit built up in my stash, minus batting, and need to do some making of quilts and things before I can even think of justifying buying more fabric. This is not from DH but from me. I think that I somewhere crossed a line within myself in regards to my fabric buying and so asked a friend a church to be my partner. She is more than happy to help me out and she does not quilt so this will help me. We contracted that I would call her before doing any fabric shopping so we can talk about it and she can rake me over the coals and tell me, truthfully, that I don't need any more fabric. Sorry this is long but I needed to tell some people that may understand why even if no one agrees. i am actually interetsted in others' reactions/thoughts to this posting.

Chris