View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Seanette

Originally Posted by amma
I used my nieces phone last weekend and I didn't like those tiny little buttons on her's either. If you try and use a stylus on her's, it would tear up the rubbery coating I think.

I found that my cell phones needed various charging times for the first charge. My last one was fully charged :roll: I wonder if they said 5 hours just in case it was completely discharged?

I haven't heard a lot of good feedback regarding customer service with prepaid phones. From what I have seen and heard it is limited, and some even get charged minutes to talk to a customer service representative. Have you tried going to their website to get your questions answered?
I've never had trouble with Virgin Mobile's customer service, which has the option of toll-free number, their website, e-mail, or Facebook. They're quick, friendly, and very good at fixing what few things I've had any difficulty with with them. I have no qualms about recommending them if you don't want to get stuck with a service contract. When I decided that, yes, I needed a cell phone, my income was erratic enough that a contract would have been a very bad thing. I could switch at this point, but feel no desire to. I don't use my cell phone much and Virgin Mobile's been fine for my needs.

Tracfone, on the other hand, is HIDEOUS. It took me six calls in three days to get voice-mail working, reps were too locked into their scripts (probably due to poor English skills, which were painfully evident) to really listen, they contradicted each other and observable facts, etc. A friend of mine recently had a Tracfone inflicted on her by her mother (who bought the phone, but stuck her daughter with periodic airtime purchases when said daughter is on a VERY tight budget), and her experience with their lack of customer service matches mine.