View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Crafty1

Originally Posted by CRicart
What brand is the broken machine? How old? Is it all metal? It is very hard to find a good reliable machine fpr the amount your repair will cost. ost new ones are all plastic, even the gears, and cannot be easily repaired (or at all, sometimes!!) Find a nice reliable repairman and ask him what he thinks of your machine. My guys love my old all-metal machines.
It's a Brother SE350. There must be thread wrapped under neath the bobbin case or something because I can't turn the hand wheel. When we took the machine apart, there's like this metal bar that I can't move (or should I say afraid to move) so it will have to be taken in to get fixed properly.

The Walmart by me is closing the fabric dept. so everything has been on clearance for a couple weeks now. Yesterday we went to get some camping supplies so I wandered over to the fabrics to see what was left, not much! Checked out the sewing machines and yup, the same machine is on SALE and it includes a bonus. Thought about getting it since it's about the same price to get mine fixed and give it to my daughter when I get a new one in like 6 months or so :)