Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 AM
grammypatty7

It's a sharp quilt. What don't you like about it? If you're husband says it's fine, then it's fine but you can still make him another quilt if you really want to do so. You made the quilt with love, the fabrics are beautiful and I see and feel the love by looking at the photo. Don't pay attention to it for about 4 weeks and then look at it again and see how you feel. Upon completion of an item, the "Picky Patty" comes out and I see everything I wish I'd have done differently or better but I go ahead and finish it for whatever reason. Put it away and get it out a month or so later and realize "WOW! That's really nice. I did a good job after all."

Maybe you just need some time and space away from it to feel better about it. From what I see, you did a beautiful job and have no need to feel the way you currently feel about it. Have you started on another project? If not, get started and focus on it. I suspect you're in the finished project let down which sometimes happens to many of us. As I reach the finishing stages of a quilt, I begin to focus on the next project and will purchase fabric and begin cutting and piecing to give me a break from hand quilting. I quilt in panels and by the time my first panel is ready to hand quilt, my current quilting project will be completed and I'm moving on. I've noticed I tend to feel better about my quilts since doing things this way. Since you're a machine quilter, this method may or may not work for you. I do it to give me a break with the hand quilting where I can relax, cut and piece. Just a thought. Beautiful quilt. Be proud of it. If you still feel the same a few months down the line then definitely make your husband another quilt if you still want to but there is no reason to feel badly about this quilt - it's beautiful and remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now smile and enjoy your day. I suspect your husband feels the love you put into this quilt every time he uses it and if he hasn't used it yet, put a smile on your face, present it to him with a big hug and kiss. Sounds like you have a keeper.
Hugs
Patty