Old 04-12-2010, 05:43 AM
grammypatty7

Rachel, we can all have the same fabric and the same pattern and be turned loose and every one of our quilts would come out totally different due to the different personalities going into those quilts. I can't design quilts like Marilyn (Danmar) does but mine are good and I'm proud of them. We tend to be our own biggest critics but it's ok to look at something and say "wow, I did ok this time." My Mom wouldn't agree as she always said we should NEVER be proud; others should be proud for us but we should NEVER be proud. Well tough. I'm proud of the work I do and it's ok and you should also be proud of the work you do. It's ok to not always like every part of it but learn from what you don't like, move on and improve - that's the key. Learn, improve, continue growing, learning and improving.

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by butterflywing
i don't think 90 x 90 is too big for a king at all. by the time two bodies get into it and the edges get pulled up, you'll be glad you have that size. as it is, it gives you only a 5"+ overhang. any smaller would give you none at all.

very nice and great work and can't get any more texas than that, can you? yeehaw :thumbup:

EDIT: a king top is 78 across and 80 down. so a 90 quilt across isn't that much.
can you make a new jersey quilt? same size, please.
Well it wasn't supposed to be a kind quilt, or a queen at that. It was supposed to be a couch quilt. :) I just didn't bother figuring out how big it was going to end up when I increased the square size. Have no idea why, just goofy I guess.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am too critical of my own work, always have been. I need to learn to break out of that. I see other people's stuff and want to make something like it, but mine never comes out like theirs. Everyone's work is original so I need to learn to love my work as well as other people's. I think we all are guilty of being too hard on ourselves though. :)