Old 04-12-2010, 06:31 AM
danmar

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
Originally Posted by danmar
Hi everybody! I have had a request to put my Star Block drawings on here, so here they are. There are a few other blocks mixed in to. Hope you like these ideas. Some came from Quilter's Cache, some from magazines, and I made a few.

The first 6 are done on a "Planning Pad" that I got at Wal Mart. I like to use it better than the regular Grid/graft paper, as the lines are plenty dark enough to see, (darker than they look in these pictures), but not so dark like in the last 2 pictures. On them I used grid paper that I used when I was still doing Cross Stitch and Plastic Canvas. I made alot of my own patterns then too.

Enjoy!
Marilyn
Wow! I don't have the patience to do that and applaud you. I used to use graph paper alot but now I use patterns from magazines and the only time the graph paper comes out is if I need to make a part, pattern, or template that won't fit initially. Do you use EQ6? I'm sure you've mentioned it but don't remember who does what here. The ladies in my guild are getting into EQ6 and my husband has been encouraging me to look into it but I don't know how much I'd use it. If so, do you have windows 7 and does it work with windows 7? I'm within a year count down to a new computer but want to make sure the software I want to use will work with windows 7. If so, which version of 7 do you have? Guess I should just do a search of the board and see what's been posted as my questions have probably already been answered there huh. LOL. Thank you Marilyn. I'm in awe of your creativity. You do stunning work!
Hi Grammy Patty! Thank you! Yes, I have EQ6. I have been so busy working on my "Experimental Bargello" though, that I haven't messed much with it lately. Yes, I have Windows 7 and it works great! Thanks again for your compliments and your interest in my posts.

Marilyn