Old 04-12-2010, 06:40 AM
grammatjr

On my way to work this AM, had to turn around and grab hubby to carry home something from a dumpster - a beautiful old sewing machine. It is in a sewing table whose veneer is blistered and peeling. But when I opened the lid and saw the machine, I wondered if it might be a Featherweight.

Upon researching, I think it is actually a model 66-16, which from what I can tell predates the Featherweight. It seems like it was made in Elizabeth NJ USA in 1930. It is electric.

I took some pics, but didn't have time to download them as I already was half an hour late getting to work, becuase of my stop.

I can't wait to get home tonight (10PM!), and verify what I think I have found with my research.

I tried to explain to hubby why it would be so cool to have, even if it wasn't a Featherweight, and it doesn't work, how it would be great decor if nothing else. He didn't understand (but sweetie carried it anyway!). As he was carrying, he said it didn't feel like a Featherweight - he guessed about 35 pounds. But don't know how much of that was the cabinet.

I will post pics tomorrow, and links to where I found info, so ya'll can help me be sure I am thinking correctly about what it is.