View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 AM
All Thumbs

Each week I check this subject I started in early March of this year, and each week I realize how deeply fortunate I have been with my breast cancer treatment. To you who have not been so lucky, I will keep you and what must be thousands of other women in my prayers and thoughts. My cancer was also the hormone receptor type, only caught extremely early. What I am changing in my life, however, is being aware of how much chemical preservatives I consume. While my oncologist poo-ha ha the Internet chatter about parabens, I give a little credence to the fact that Canadian and the Europeans have statistic comparing parabens in deodorant and other products applied to the skin and the percentage of breast cancers on the out side of breasts. Perhaps it is just a coincidence, but for my personal belief and way of dealing with further prevention, I am switching to a natural crystal like deodorant stone. I have absolutely no medical training but for my peace of mind as a cancer patient, this is one tiny step which I will take. God bless all who have cancer and may quilting continue to be everyone's joy.