View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 06:11 AM
bbwalkup

Just after my husband and I got married, I realized I had nothing to do. Sounds weird, but no kids, a tiny tiny apartment, I worked full time, but had my evenings to do nothing. I tried crochet (not my calling), I found out I'm 3 deminsionally challanged at knitting (I can make scarves, that's it), so I started cross stitch. Everyone was having babies, so I started doing the quilt top cross stich things...had to take them to Mom's to be quilted. I had taken sewing classes in high school and sewn with Mom when I lived at home, so I wanted my own machine...then another...then a surger. Now, I have a whole room. I'm working on a cross stitch quilt for our baby, hopefully I'll have it done before the baby gets here. I don't sew as many quilts as many of you here, I'm lucky to get two or three done a year, most of my "stuff" is in the Fiber Arts for club. But I make clothes and gifts for all the neices and nephews for their birthdays and Christmas, so I'm lucky to get actual quilting time now.