View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
miholmes

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by miholmes
Alright so my friend went out and got the Embroidery kit for her 440QE. I got it all setup for her and we did a few of the included patterns in black to test it out.

She plans on using this to embroider images, etc on the quilt for her granddaugthter. My question is this...Should the bobbin thread be the same as the color your embroidering? We had white bobbin thread in, and of course you could see it in the finsihed product.

I was expecting a nice large manual to come with it, instead there is a CD with the beginning basic images, etc.

Any tips would be great I can't get into the class for this until 2 weeks. So any help before then is greatly appriciated.

You didn't mention what stabilizer you were using. If none, that's your issue. And 60wt. bobbin thread can be purchased in any color. Mettler makes it in any color under the rainbow. Poly bobbin thread is mainly in black or white.

Some of the Bernina models, like mine, have a special way to thread the bobbin for embroidery. If you didn't have it threaded properly, that's another reason the tension would be off.
I have an Aquatear stablizer....not sure the weight I will need to look, it's whatever the sales person sold us...:P

But I will play with the tension tonight and see what we get, I adjusted it like the software told me...I believe 4.5 if memory serves me correct. But like I said will attempt it again this evening.

AND I don't think we put the bobbin thread through the eye...so that could also be my issue. I want a Bernina step by step picture book for this. :)

I'll let you know how it goes.