Old 04-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Eddie you and I are a lot alike!!

How I got into this was really funny in a way.......

I was restoring the home I am in now and found an old Singer 27 in the attic. I played with it for a second and made a mental note about it being up there. A couple of years ago I was thinking about it so I ran up in the attic and pulled the machine down to look at how it worked and see if I could get it functioning again. The treadle is down in my bedroom with a slab of marble sitting on it for my wifes make up table. So I had no way of powering it.....yet!! I found the NeedleBar and started learning about Vintage sewing machines. Since I love history and mechanics it was destiny that I would get into collecting sewing machines.

Well I bought a complete treadle and refinished it and slipped my machine I had fixed up into it and I was ready to go. I wanted to make something with it but I didnt know how to sew.

Like Eddie I was looking around the fabric store and was looking at a quilt and was figuring out how the made it. I thought to myself "that should be easy enough" and I bought some fabric and thread and headed home. I didnt have a pattern or books or anything like that I just thought I would start cutting and go from there. I made a 9 patch with a big sashing and border for a lap quilt for my wife, all on a treadle.

After I was finished making her quilt I was hooked!!

Billy

The quilt that started it all!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56203[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56203.jpe