Thread: ???freecycle???
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 07:07 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I have seen this online and was wondering if anyone has used this. I went online and cannot find a way to look for areas so whoever I give to is closer and no shipping involved. Anyone have any suggestions or how to's?
Of course for quilting items, like fabric, thread, etc. Sometimes I get way too much to use and want to share.
The nursing home take things but you can never tell if it gets totally used. I like to "Pass it on". Lots of things get passed back to me. It's a challenge. Love to hear from anyone.
i am a moderator on our local freecycle board. it works really well..i have gifted all sorts of items myself..to people whio need things.
i would ask that you do "porch pick-ups" whatever you have,with thier name on it. it is safer, and also avoids frustration of No-shows or people getting there late. so YOUR not waiting around to hear the knock on the door.

try to make people reply with a date and time they can pick up.

if your the one picking something up..make sure you are on time!
most city's have group rules..some of ours are:
1 wanted post with max 3 items on the post per week.
no "come and get it,address posted or curbside posting"
(to avoid 20 people showing up to get it, and it be taken already..(saves gas and frustrations!)
we don't allow garage sales posts..only "free for all,left overs from garage sales" with specific times and dates. (or you could call purple heart at the end of a garage sale.