View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Katia

My cats like to come in and check things out, look out the window, all that sort of thing, but they do not stay long. I am up and down too much and I think I disturb them.

I will say that we all need to be very, very careful about threads laying about. The cats I have now are not interested in playing with threads at all. But I did have a six month old kitten that decided thread was great fun to play with. In the process he ate some and ended up having surgery to remove 80% of his intestines. I was just sick about it, and the pain he had to go through because of my not knowing how dangerous thread could be. This kitten was a Maine Coon male that I bought to show and was the prettiest, sweetest cat ever. At six months he was already over ten pounds and would have been much bigger if he had lived longer. After the surgery, he recovered, but never grew any bigger and only lived another six months. The vet said that he was surprised he made it that long. But it sure broke my heart, and I am very careful about thread around all my pets now.