View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 12:16 PM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

Supply list:
Bible (How many lessons start with that? :thumbup:

Rotary Cutter
Cutting mat
Fabric of choice (You may use two different, but complimentary, fabrics if you don't have enough of one to make the outside cover, as there is a lining of sorts, plus the outside fabric.
Stiffening pellon
and the usual - pins, thread, seam ripper (yes, it happens to all of us no matter what we do) etc.

MEASURING AND CUTTING FABRIC

1. Lay out your fabric right side down on your work surface.
2. Lay your Bible, closed, on top of the fabric. Open Bible to get an idea of the amount you will need.
3. If your fabric has a design to it, lay out the fabric so the focal point you want showing on the front is centered where the front will be.
4.----Photo one--- You will want to cut your fabric 1 inch larger than your Bible top to bottom. (So if your Bible is 9 3/4 inches tall, cut your fabric 10 3/4 - 11 inches) DO NOT CUT YET.
5. ---Photo two--- Wrap your fabric around your Bible so that it goes about 6 inches inside the front flap and 6 inches inside the back flap. (If your Bible is 6 3/4 across with a 1 3/4 inch binding this will be about 28 - 30 inches)
6. Measure two or three times to make sure it is right and covers your Bible.
Old rule - Measure twice - cut once.
7. Once you have your measurements, (for mine I cut it 11" X 30") you can lay your second fabric on top of the first.
IF YOU ARE USING THE SAME FABRIC FOR LINING AND OUTSIDE STILL CUT TWO PIECES THE SIZE YOU NEED.
8. You can cut now. and lay the pieces aside.
9. Take the Heavy stiffening pellon and lay it out on your work surface. Measure the pellon so it wraps around the Bible as your fabric did, but only to the top/bottom of the Bible, no extra is needed there. (I cut my pellon 9 3/4" x 29)
10. Take a deep breath.

One inch beyond top (and bottom)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56911[/ATTACH]

Wrap around front flap (do the same for back flap)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56912[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56911.jpe   attachment-56912.jpe