Old 04-13-2010, 06:10 PM
zyxquilts

Finally! In my guild we had a challenge that started last year & just finished this month. It was called the "Whisper Challenge", based on a challenge in Quilting Arts magazine. It was sort of like the kid's game "Telephone", where each person whispers something to the next one....and you see how much the original "something" changed by the time the last person says it out loud.
In our Whisper Challenge, we had 2 groups of 6 quilters. The first quilter in each group made a small quilt based on a photograph (same photo for them both). The next month, they handed their quilt to the next quilter, who made their own small quilt, based on the previous quilter's quilt. Only the first ones got to see the photo.
I was lucky enough to be #2 in my group, and as soon as I saw Ann's quilt, my design popped right into my head! AND I actually figured out how to make it look like that design :D
All of the "Whisper" quilts were shown last week at our monthly meeting, during show & tell, and will all hang together at our quilt show on May 1st & 2nd. I'll take pictures of them at the show & post them later.
The main bridge cables actually have copper wire couched on them, and the vertical cables are quilted with copper metallic thread. Then I beaded the 'white caps' in the ocean to balance it out.
Now that they've all been shown at guild, I can finally share with you :wink:
I think this is my favorite quilt! :D
And now.....presenting........

Golden Gate Fly-By
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58210[/ATTACH]

a little closer...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58211[/ATTACH]

the flyer!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58212[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58210.jpe   attachment-58211.jpe   attachment-58212.jpe