Old 04-14-2010, 10:29 AM
zyxquilts

Thanks everyone :D
I forgot to say how I came to use the wire in it...The quilt had already gone to quilter #3 & came back, but I knew I still wanted to do some embellishing on it.

So, I was driving up to No. Calf. for Christmas & was stopped in the fast lane on the freeway thanks to an overturned semi-truck blocking all the lanes ahead. It was a nice, sunny day, so I had my window down & the music playing, & glanced down at the center divider/emergency lane & saw about a 3 foot long piece of cable, with the copper wire uncovered where it had been ripped out of wherever it was. And I thought - cool, that copper wire would look really good in my Whisper quilt....and right then the traffic started moving again! I told my sister about my idea - she works for Orchard Supply Hardware - so she sent me some copper wire. :D I tried to strip it myself, but what she sent was a bit too small & I couldn't manage to do it without haven't a bunch of the little wires breaking. I mentioned that to my friend MaryAnn who owns the ceramics shop where I paint, and she told her DH, who is an electrician. Next time I went in to paint, she handed me a beautiful piece of stripped wire!
It's good to have great family & friends, isn't it :D:D:D:D:D