View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:08 PM
mpspeedy

Funny. We just had a discussion about that very subject at my little Bee this morning. I live about 1/2 mile south of the PA line in Maryland. The closest Joann's to me is in our county seat about 12 miles away. It is a c+ store, crowded, junky with no public restroom. I went in there today with three 50% of coupons. Everything was already on sale so nothing to use the coupons on. I tried to purchase a magazine as there was no sign saying there were on sale. At the checkout they told me I couldn't use the coupon since the magazines were 10% off. No sign saying so, I told her to keep it.
About 30 miles east and north of me is a fantastic A+ Joann's etc. store in York, PA. I was debating going there this week as all of the thread is on sale at 50% off. That store has a fantastic selection of thread from serger to embroidery and everything inbetween. Our local one only carries Coats and Clark and Gutermann. Another Joanns about 20 miles sounth of me falls somewhere inbetween the two. They do carry Sulky thread.