View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 AM
june6995

Somehow or other, I missed this the first time around.

My first quilt was something I called a bedspread. I wanted to make something for a standard size bed, and also make window treatment to match. Boy was I ignorant. This was in 1992. And I did not start to make quilts until 2000. Someone advertised quilting supplies in the newspaper. I went to look and could not even decide what to buy.

I just looked at that bedspread, and saw that I had made square blocks with 4 triangles. (huh??) there were 3 companion colors, which I alternated in rows and put the blocks on point. Also used borders, so I must have had some idea from somewhere.

I make a reversed sandwich and turned it right side out. I stitched in the ditch along the border and some in the blocks. I must have surprised myself.

It took until 2000 when I bought a garbage bag full of fabric at the Flea Market for $5. to get me started. Then I made only 9 patch blocks. Oh my goodness, now that I think back, I had absolutely no creativeness when it came to quilting.

Since I have owned a computer (4 years) I have learned a lot. My thanks to all of you who share your work and inspiration with others.

Thinking back was fun. thanks for suggesting it.

June