View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 11:44 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Those pics are so cute! I have been considering buying my DD a small sewing machine. I looked at a few on eBay around Christmastime, but I didn't look around enough. Iwasn't able to sew at that time bc of the baby, so I decided against it. Baby has settled down some (and is 3 years old) and will play or watch TV a bit. I've been sewing, and DD has been sewing by hand. I almost bought her a little Singer at a yard sale last summer, but it was ratty...quite literally. I was glad I looked closer. I guess it had been in an out-building or something bc the manual was eaten-up and the cords had been eaten into and bare wire was present! I was disgusted. I would've been ashamed to have put something for that up for sale! YUCK! Not to mention it was dangerous! I had almost bought it without taking it out of the box bc it basically looked NEW in an old box, I mean, there was a chance it might not work, but it probably could've been fixed......I'm so happy I took it out. I hate anything that's been ratted-on!