Old 05-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Elizabeth A.

Button boxes! I wanted one for years (that way you always have one when you need it) and couldn't find anything (I was even will to buy one) until I started cutting up clothes! It's currently a rather small collection, but when my favorite shorts lost a button, I was able to find a replacement in my box.

I'll have to try some of those web sites, I don't know many people actively working/buying fabrics for quilts or else I would for sure be doing joint ordering.

Oh and here's another straw for my camel's back, I'm part of the aforementioned company's fabric of the month club, and they FORGOT to ship out my stuff for this month, my husband had to call and have a fit with them because I've got plans for the fabric already and have been very impatient in my waiting. Granted they are sending it now, but they wouldn't have if he hadn't called. Crazy, hu?

Oh Katrine! I'm sorry you have such trouble getting fabrics, I must sound like a complete boob complaining about a dollar increase. Though I have to say when you said they hold fabric for two months I had to giggle just a little, perhaps they think the fabric will have cooties? Then I thought, that anything that can live two months on fabric was going to live anyway like flea eggs, and that alone is rather gross. If you can't tell I don't know much about customs. Perhaps it would help to have a US friend that would send you fabrics?