Old 05-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Elizabeth A.

Okay now I've been really wanting to do a summer quilt swap, thinking I'll have put enough ground on my current projects and have enough skill to make something nice.

But! Here's the snag. Oh and first I'm asking all of you because the lady that runs it seems REALLY busy, perhaps to busy for a question...

The rules are as follows: Please adhere to the following restrictions as to material: 1) Prewashed cotton quilting material (you may make it before washing, but prewash before you mail your quilt) – no flannel, corduroy, etc. 2) cotton or polyester batting 3) hand or machine quilted 4) embellished as you wish, but not with glue 5) include a personalized label on the back of the quilt.

Now I wanted to make this a real true to life complete with textures. For instance I was thinking something rough and scratchy for the palm trees, for instance burlap (or whatever I can get my hands on). Does this fall as not a cotton material? OR does it fall under embellishment and doesn't apply? This is a deal breaker for me. If I can't put the palm trees up the way I wanted I would not use this technique and would either not participate or I would make something "different"