View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 04:42 AM
PurpleBecca

Originally Posted by mom-6
Good job!

I wasn't quite as successful...Had to go to Ft Worth to pick up a 16'x24' tarp for the roof of the booth and my friend and I just 'had' to check out Hancocks and Joannes on the way home. I managed to get out of Hancocks for just over $30 by only looking at what was on sale. At Joannes on the other hand...one piece on sale (got all 5-3/4 yd) and one I couldn't resist that wasn't on sale but was what my friend calls 'drop dead gorgeous'...got 2 yd of it since I really don't know exactly what I'm going to use it for but couldn't bring myself to get more at full price
I came over to the US last January to visit my American friend - she was having radiation therapy for cancer and I wanted to spend some time with her. One day she had to go to work (she is a star and worked through all her treatment!) She asked if I would like to be dropped at Hancocks as she was driving by and be picked up later (would I??????!!!!!)

ANYWAY

She called me and asked if I thought I could manage another hour or two in there as she had to visit someone else on the way back to the shop!! Then she stopped talking and said 'What am I saying? - why did I even call???'

We have known each other since we were 9 and I have ALWAYS been addicted to sewing (she doesn't sew a stitch!!)

It was very funny!!

When she arrived in the store SOMETIME later - I had a trolley pilled HIGH with bolts of fabric - tee hee!!!!