Thread: ???freecycle???
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
dmackey

I love freecycle. Most forget that it's purpose is to save things from going into the trash, that is either still usable, fixable, or can be re-purposed. There was a person looking for box springs because he used them in his garden to raise his plants above ground.

To join you go to www.freecycle.org to find your local group, but the emails come from freecycle.com after you sign up, because it is a yahoo group specific to your area. You have to join yahoo and create an account, but you should have emails come to your normal email account so you can see postings in a timely manner.

I have given away tons of stuff on freecycle, cookbooks, bedding, furniture, housewares, craft supplies, wall paint, a rug, some cosmetics, clothing, etc. I have gotten fabric, batting, brand new luggage, Pergo for my bathroom and hall, my patio set, my shelving units and a few other things that have saved me a ton of money. Last month I asked for cotton fabric for quilting and while I got very little fabric, I did get about 30 quilting books!

The most incredible thing I have seen on freecycle was a man was giving away his whole kitchen, cabinets and appliances from a 7 year old home. They had just purchased the house and his wife wanted to redo the whole thing. You just had to provide the labor to remove it.

What is ReUseIt?

Diane