View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:05 PM
amma
Power Poster

Sharon is right, fold the paper over and run your nail along it and if you have shortened your stitch length, it should zip right off. All I ever use is copy paper :wink:

Also, if you cut up one of your foundation papers to use as a guide, like I described in the tute, you may find you waste less fabric, and can cut out most of your pieces before you start sewing. I just stack them underneath the cut foundation pieces, and chain piece the blocks.

On the back side of one of the patterns, mark each piece with a big X. Then cut out each piece, these will be your templates, be SURE that you use it as a template with the X side up. All fabric should also be right side up. This will not really apply to this block, but it will to many others, so it is a good habit to start out with. Cut your fabric 3/8” to a 1/2" bigger then the template, this will give you wiggle room. After this block you may find that cutting them exact will work for you, if you are unsure, continue cutting them larger. The last round of the block, I always cut them at 1/2" larger just in case when squaring them up.

Remember, it is really the printed side of the foundation papers that is in reverse... that side is ONLY for sewing and I just ignore it other wise... The side with the fabric, is what you want to match up to the picture of the finished piece. I think paying too much attention to the printed side of the foundation papers, is what throws everyone off...

If you are still having trouble, let me know and I would be glad to help you some more :D:D:D