View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 01:00 PM
raptureready

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Those are beautiful!
I do portraits too, though I've never worked with prismacolour pencils. I've done pastel pencil, though, and I LOVE that medium. Usually I work with watercolour for portraits... but I've never tried tracing a blown up photo, I draw it out first in the size I want and that allows me to use several different photos to make one portrait. I used to take oil painting lessons when I was young (like, 10 years old) but I quit because all they ever had us do was landscapes and that was too boring, lol!
I would love to see some more of your work, if you're willing to post more images.
I haven't done anything in awhile, I've been too busy quilting. I like landscapes if I just want to do something without much concentration. You know if Bob Ross can do one in half an hour there just isn't much challenge there. LOL I'll love to see some of your watercolors---that's a medium that totally escapes me. I've tried it several times and end up so frustrated that I just fold or rip the paper and walk out of the class. But, being a glutton for punishment I'm taking another watercolor class next weekend. ;-) Next weekend is kind of a tole painting retreat so it's very relaxing. I've also never tried pastels but I'll bet you would like the Prismacolors if you tried them. The only thing with them is that after your picture sits for awhile you have to take a small piece of felt and rub over it. Prismacolors are a wax base and that wax will rise to the surface after awhile. Also when you frame them you have to put a small spacer between the paper and the glass.
The pix I posted of our grandkids are pictures of the photocopies of the originals. I gave my stepdaughter the original of Luann and my stepson the original of Jakob. The copies are all this old granny has now.