View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 AM
quiltmaker101

Okay, here goes:

1. I have made over a dozen quilts, from baby quilts to California King.

I have sewed since I was 12. Got a sewing machine for Christmas that year. My mother, aunt and gramma all sew, but I am the first to make quilts. I also get to make quilts for one client, and she lets me make all the decisions for colors and pattern!

2. I made all my kids good clothes until they were about 4 years old. Also made their nursery decor.

I love sewing and making quilts because I can give or have something no one else has and my creativity has an outlet.

3. I made my first quilt at 37 years old. Gave it to my gramma, who passed away last year and now it is mine again.

I have two grown children, one is married. They are good friends, live here in Pensacola, and they love their mama.

4. I dream of being able to make quilts with curves, art quilts and someday having my own quilting machine so I don't have to pay someone to do the quilting.

I finally met the man of my dreams in 2004, which up until then was the most devastating year of my life) and now we are married. 3rd marriage for each of us, and living happily ever after!