View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Phyl

Originally Posted by Candace
I'm FINALLY finished with this quilt top. I got the pattern from a magazine a Loooong time ago. I mistakenly started it 11 years or more ago. I shouldn't have picked this one to do as a newer quilter back then. I became frustrated with it and shoved it in a closet. So, I gave myself this ultimatum this week. "You either finish it or throw it out." It's not perfect as there were some major curves (lots of them) that I didn't get them perfect 11 years ago. And I wasn't going to start over and rip it out. Also there were 3 more girls in the pattern, but I cut it short. I hope I have some dark batting in my stash or it's going to have to wait even longer to quilt. :> I have some new sashiko embroidery I might put on the corners. I don't know...I do know I'm going to have to do some FM stippling around the girls as some of the bias edges got a tad pulled. It will be a smallish lap quilt. Luckily we have small laps in this house. I'm so glad it's done. I don't recommend it and I WON'T do it again.
Your quilt is absolutely STUNNING! I am sorry you don't like it. I made a kimono, small size for my sister, framed it in a 14x 16 frame shadowbox, and I know the detail that went into it. Yours are so much more beautiful. The work is "delicious". I have stopped working on one or two pieces that I don't like as I believe quilting is my pleasure not my pain! I'm sorry you didn't stop but what you finished is absolutely beautiful.