Old 04-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Jois

I thought the embroidery interesting but I'm not at all familiar with it - magazine photo here or there might be the upper limit of my experience. I thought the butterfly idea was a good one. I think a lot! I thought I saw some ads that gave me the impression there were machines that could do embroidery that would be used instead of quilting? but I'm not too sure of that. What I saw of your machine quilting looked great to me!

This quilt pattern should be all purpose depending on color and size. I look for things that would be "manly" without being Army Green or Navy Navy or how about John Deer farm equipment! I think this could be very much enjoyed by a male, but looks fem in your photo and the butterflies would be the finishing touch.

Looked so good that I ordered the quick quilts book (used) from Amazon.com.

I didn't know what I was doing when I started quilting but I must have a little sort of bean counter in my head and made a page or two in a 3 ring bind for almost every quilt and other thing I've made that is quilty...bibs, pot holders, hand towels with a quilt-type block on top (so it could be tied to an oven handle or something) and stuck a finished photo in there, too. Hope you are doing something like that, too. It's fun to look back and see what you did and didn't do!

Thanks for the picture and ideas!
Jois