View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
nursie76

On Friday I was scavenging at a thrift store and found a baggie full of what appeared to be a quilt quality cotton fabric and got it for 50 cents. After doing some research, I found that it is about 10-15 (maybe twenty) different fabrics from Modas old Chocolat collection. It is not fabric I would normally choose, but for 50 cents I couldn't go wrong (and I just seemed drawn to this collection). While I was in Rochester, NY this weekend, I found 2 mostly solid color fabrics that will match nicely (got 1 yard of each). Now I just need to figure out how to put it together. Most is cut into strips with the smallest being about 1 x 3 inches. Then there are some that are in the 2 x 8-10 inch range and then 3 x 12-18. There is also a handful of rectangles from 4 x 5 to 5 x 6 (maybe around a dozen). So, what do I make? I thought at first that it was some type of Turning Twenty Pattern, but can't be sure, and I don't think there are enough pieces. It is such pretty fabric and I want to use it. Any suggestions? I will try to get pics of it up tomorrow evening.

Thanks in advance...and if anyone has any pics of quilts they have done with such coordinated scraps 8-) I would appreciate seeing them.