Thread: Sad but true
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 PM
zz-pd
Banned

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Ladies and gents;
I originally started this thread b/c frankly my buying was out of control and no progress was being made on projects. I watched "Hoarding: Buried Alive" last nite and the single lady on the later episode was buying stuff for the feeling it gave her. That resonated with me about my fabric stash. I do not know if I'm trying to fill some void or it's the feeling that I get when I buy fabric (usually only fabric) but realized I need to figure that out PLUS get projects done before I buy anything else. I asked my friend to help me with this so I would have to tell on myself if I bought fabric without first talking to her. I realize this is not a diet for everyone but I needed something in order to help me out and this is my plan. I do enjoy buying fabric but how much is enough and why am I buying more when I have plenty already. IS it for some feeling that I can't even recognize, let alone name?
Chris
Hang in there Chris, and be strong. and please do find out if you have a void you are trying to feel. we are taking you seriously. I can not buy fabric at all do to no money. and I would love to go in to Joann's and buy some, heck I even dream about it. but that does not mean I do not totally 100% respect you. God bless. Penny