View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 05:16 AM
c2cd2008

This teacher, thank God is leaving our school to teach in the public school system. If she was teaching there next year I would move schools and that is not a joke. She told everyone to do this for extra credit but like someone else said, she should have said it was required because if they dont make an effort they get docked. She made so many of them mad that many of them are not going to the movies with us tonight and she got mad and told them they better find a way to see the movie because we will be having a test on the movie. That made me mad. Those kids read the entire chronicals of narnia book which is a very thick book, especially for 8th graders. They have tested on the chapter they have read and to me getting to go to the movies should be a prize not a test. There are many things this teacher has done while we have been at this school and I am so trying to hold my tounge with her. None of the boys are passing her class except one and all the girls are passing but two and those two girls are not popular girls. So I think this is a favortism thing. All the young men in our class are unhappy and trying so hard for her and she wont give them credit where credit is due. By the way she is a girls youth leader and the girls that are passing in her class all go to her church. This class is small, we only have 14 kids including mine in our grade. She gave them all an assignment on gathering pictures that matched symbolism in the book. My SS worked for hours on that and she told him when he showed her the work that he missed the point and needed to do it over. So I told him to ask her to explain it to him so he would understand and she sent him to the office. How are we supposed to complete an assignment if she does not make herself clear and explain when asked? So I knew she was looking for the guys to not do so well with this assignment of the costume and she said you couldnt buy a costume, so I helped him ALL week and made sure he got this one!

When I dropped him this morning, the headmaster opened the door for him with a huge smile and when I left he had a group of kids all around him telling him how cool he looked! So I know at least the kids think its a hit.