View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Edie

I made a doggie quilt for Miss Bess. I wash it and pack it away for the summer, but in the winter she loves to take her nap on the couch and she curls herself into a ball (back legs under her chin) (all 84 lbs of her) and I put the blanket on and she will lay there for two/three hours. Our other dog had arthritis in her hips and I am hoping that this will keep Bess' hips warm in the winter. She certainly loves to be covered up. Right now she is at my feet with a throw over her. What a diva! I was thinking of making "Bowser Blankies" and "Kitty Kovers" to make and sell as a 1/2 cottage industry here. Perfect for my collection of fat quarters. Ah, how we love our fur-babies. And then, note here - my husband is the one that says "Edie, BEss looks cold". Now, I ask you lab owners - how does an 84 pound black dog with his back legs under his chin look cold?????? The husband says it is BECAUSE her back legs are under her chin!!!
Ain't life grand! Think about it. It really is!

Last week I was reading "Real Simple" magazine and I noticed on the spine of the magazine a quote that I just fell in love with. I have it on the bottom of my messages here. It is about a dog. And it is so very true.

OK, I have a quilt to finish, better get to it. I found a really fun block to make. It is Quilter's Cache - 12" blocks - "Depression". There are 32 different pieces of fabric made into hst - and it will make two blocks - one for now, one for later (in my case, our granddaughter's graduation quilt. I made this first one for the cancer quilt...of which I have 33 of 35 blocks done!~~~~Edie