View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 03:57 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

you can get alot done in 10-15 minute incriments...when i am not busy doing something else i am quilting...there is no (idle-time) in my world...i design and trouble shoot in my sleep, i hand stitch bindings, or appliques or what ever hand work i have during watching tv time with hubby, i do prep work when ever i have a few minutes to kill...that way when i have sit and sew time at the machine every thing is prepared and sitting beside the machine ready for me...a little organization and pre-planning can give you lots of time to accomplish...its just a little time management and you have to disipline yourself to not just sit there 'staring at the tube' in the evening...be working on something...sitting at the dr office... be stitching...i have a travel project at all times...when we go somewhere (even if it's just across town) if hubby is driving i get to sew...or sketch, i've bound quilts in the car on the way to the party...as with anything else, if you want to do it you have to take the time to do it...everyone has the same 24 hours each day, what we do with it is up to each of us. some people have to 'watch my show' well, why cant you be stitching at the same time? oh, oops, i don't do hand work...ok well, dinner is cooking, the timer is set for 15 minutes...that means i can sit down to my machine and sew for at least 12 minutes...once you start using your idle moments productively you will find more and more time...