Thread: Sad but true
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 04:44 AM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
Well, I have read through all the posts, and have come to page 6, and Chris, I have to say, I feel exactly the same way you do. I will NEVER use all the fabric I have in my sewing room..WHY??? Because I love looking at it, and find it hard to cut it up. I too have said the same as you, NO MORE! But I went out and purchased some fabric on line..for the third time, to make my wonderful sister a quilt. I just didn't like the other fabrics I purchased, so there they sit, and the new is waiting in the wings. Would she have been happy with the other fabric, undoubtedly...just a quilt from me would have made her estatic. BUT..YES, there IS an underlying reason. I have finally figured out what mine is, sad to say, it took me a good 15 years, but to finally recognize what the issue is, is a wonderful feeling. I am staying out of stores. I ONLY go in for something I truly need, which is nothing. I am a very good none shopper...to the dismay of the lqs. I never thought about a partner, but I am there with you, holding your hand, as long as you hold on to mine. Joanie
Joanie;
I will hold your hand also. It took me about the same amount of time but I will make quilts from my stash without buying any m ore fabric. Batting and thread is another issue. However, I can take DDs or DH with me when I go for them so that is all I buy. DH sometimes is an enabler but I've begun to explain my diet to him and he does seem to understand. Thanks for understanding and holding my hand. I will not only hold your hand but pray for you if you would like that.
Chris