View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:13 AM
thismomquilts

I have not been working, by choice, since August. I thought for sure I'd have more time to quilt - NOT!! My routine of work was so ingrained after 10 years of work that it was hard to get a new routine. Now I've found it and all is working for me now. I am up, lately, around 5:00 and do most of my computer work then. DH and DS's up by 7:00 and time with them... DH goes off to work aroun 8:30 and boys are into their school work (we homeschool). I do my chores and by 11:00 or so I can quilt. If the boys have questions or I need to help them with a particular project we do that as we go. They know they can always come to me with questions. I handquilt and make quilts for pay for others and that has to be a big part of my day when I have a project going - it's just like a job - I AM getting paid for it so...I sew!!:) Otherwise I always have hand work downstairs to just pick up at odd moments (like waiting for all the men in the house to get ready for church on Sunday mornings!! :) ) and during TV time at night. DH does not mind if I'm in my sewing room or with him - he's good about it!