View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:21 AM
barnbum

Mary Ellen---Two foals were born here in 2005, 07, and 09. But, I'm not breeding horses anymore. Too stressful in many ways, and there are enough horses in the world. I have five now--all keepers. :wink:

Sounds like you have some wonderful equine there--and it's a good place for them to be. :-D

I would love to peek inside your head to hear how you keep fabrics and blocks in order for cutting, piecing and sewing like the design calls for. I would be afraid to get things out of order
Well--I have all the triangles on my ironing board--and I create this block by block. I lay out the first eight triangles exactly as I want them, then I arrange them in pairs for sewing. I do a continuous seam--then snip them apart in order--iron--and lay them out again. I decide if I want to make any changes, then finish those eight. Then I add the outer four triangles--this requires much decision making :roll: and place them on top--stack them by the machine--then sew them on. So--it's not too hard to keep track of colors. But, with this design, I don't make too many at a time. I keep my eye on the print out and try to make what I need. Extra blocks help me make the exact placement I want in the end. This takes awhile. I can only focus so long before I need to run around and get some energy out--that's where the horses come in. :lol: