Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Rachelcb80

Originally Posted by mama's place
Luv that hen house....my mom has chickens too but her henhouse is pretty old and scary. Since she has been sick, we feed and care for her chickens....yours are living uptown, though!! Do you have any that lay the blue eggs? We do and they're soooo pretty!!
I don't have any Ameraucana or Araucana hens right now. I got my hens because I wanted fresh eggs from healthy chickens, so got a breed that was known for their high egg production. I have since really taken an interest in chickens though. Odd thing to have an interest in, I know. :) Right now I just have the Production Reds who lay brown eggs but I imagine I'll be expanding my flock in the future and getting some other color eggs in their. I really love the Buff Orpingtons though (that's what my rooster is) so I'm going to try and phase out some of my Production Reds (stewpot :shock:) and bring in Buff Orpington hens.

I really love my hen house. It was my Christmas gift from my husband. His friends though he was nuts when he said that's what he got me for Christmas but it's what I really wanted. :)