View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 AM
alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by sunlover
Alaska Sunshine
Do you have that huge stash because you can't get to a fabric store or it is a lifelong collection. I don't know that I have ever seen a quilters stash that size. It is in wonderful order and you must be in awe of your own sewing room. I have a small stash compared to yours and maybe I will now buy a little more. Not competing but see that you can quilt to your hearts content and never have to leave home for another piece of material. Its a wonderful room, I bet you love quilting in that place. You are an inspiration to the rest of us!!!!!!!
Hey sunlover,
Actually my husband and I took a trip for our 25th anniversary (8 years ago) and we went to Rosie's Calico Cupboard in California and he bought me nearly $1,000 worth of fabric there. He was replentishing my very depleated stash from making quilts for so many people as gifts. I believe to date it is 78 or there about. Now I quilt for us mostly. I so seldom buy and fabric unless it is on a crazy good sale. My husband told me to be sure to keep a few shelves empty for future shopping!!! I truely nearly fell over :lol:

I have friends that actually have their stach in conex containers and they are busting at the seams, and in apple boxes (tons of boxes)I guess I like what I have and all the memories I have with my husband shopping for each piece. A wonderful memory I have is that a friend came to visit us after her husband had died. She moved to Virginia years ago. We were thrilled to be able to see her again. When she saw I was a quilter she said she could never learn to quilt. I told her if she really wanted to learn I would take her shopping in "my store" she went up stairs and we picked out everything she liked and we made a king size quilt. It was quilted and bound before she left. The whole time she was quilting she was smiling and kept thanking me. That is a priceless memory!!! :-D
Betsy's quilt came out beautiful!!! :thumbup:

By the way I love your avitar!!!