View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 09:47 AM
AliKat

I remembered Nancy Ziemann and her "10-20-30 minutes to Sew" book. Only in my head it is "10-20-30 minutes to Quilt."

I find if I keep my sewing machine accessible and my cutting area uncluttered I can do a whole lot just using those minutes when they occur. Usually I do the cutting and laying out in the shorter sessions and then when I am ready to sew it doesn't take so long. I also love to chain piece because it keeps the pieces together til I am ready for the next step.

One hint from a very dear friend: if you really like the quilt pattern ... make 2 quilts with different color waves/fabric choices at the same time as it goes much quicker than doing 2 quilts separately.

I do take my sewing to a quilting group I belong to. We meet once a week for about 3 hours at a local church. We each do our own projects and enjoy the comraderie and lack of interruptions. We are charged $1 per session. Perhaps you might want to have your own quilting accountability group ... or at least an accountability partner.

Time to get back to quilting. I have a few minutes now.