Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
I have had some color bleed on fabric, so I use another product called Retayne. I made 3 quilts for Downey, and they recommend that you use that to set the color, then wash in tide, or a mild detergent. I am of the same mind, use it use it use it, which in that case, means wash wash wash...I do dry in the dryer as well. If my quilt was going into a 'show' or was going to the Quilt Museum..lol, then I would consider NOT doing that, but these are to be loved completely until they fall apart. Joanie ps and yes, dragged through the mud by a cute little kid...
I always attach a little note to baby quilts that I give: THIS IS NOT AN HEIRLOOM QUILT. IT WAS MADE WITH LOVE. IT IS MEANT TO BE LOVED AND USED. BABY CAN PLAY, PEE, POO, AND PUKE. JUST TOSS IT IN THE WASHER AND DRYER AND IT'LL BE GOOD AS NEW.
LOL. Well stated and I agree whole heartedly. My blue ribbons on my quilts are honestly the love and joy my family tell me about how they feel about using my quilts. Even my grandchildren as babies would roll across the room to get to their favorite grammy quilt (which was always the one the came home from the hospital wrapped up in) from a pile of 4 and 5 other quilts. They know my hand quilted quilts from the cheater ones I made and the store bought ones the other Grandma bought.