View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Riley

Thank you all so much for your continued compliments. It is like having your own personal cheering squad to give you a pat on the back & encourage you to 'keep on keeping on'.

Mary. I don't mind your questions at all.
I do NOT trim my quarter inch seams. I most often hand piece so I have a softer seam than a machine makes, tho I have quilted over machine seams just fine.

Most people do not like poly batting (but you ask what I use) & that is what I use. I prefer Hobbs brand, low loft, of course.
I do stitch in the ditch(SID), following the design of the pattern. But I like heavy quilting so I often add a lot of quilting to that SID. (IE) a 9 patch will have SID, plus I will add a cross hatch across the blocks.

You did not ask abt needle size so I will just toss that in! :) I use a size 8 to 9 on this. The longer needle is to lesson the wear on my joints as there is a LOT of stitching on this. I am not bothered much by what brand, I like Richard Hemming, Colonial, Clover...what ever is handy.

I would not have any suggestions on seeing the original quilting of THE Jane Stickle unless you go to Vermont & look at the original in person?

The best suggestion I can give you is patience. This will not be done over night..........but it is doable!

Gramquilter2, I am looking for an online site to purchase new brain cells. I am also hand piecing a Sylvia when I take a break from my quilting here on Jane Stickle. :)

Thanks again ~Everyone~ for your kindness! Riley