View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 07:23 AM
LucyInTheSky

Originally Posted by nwm50
Love it! I hava neice joing Army this summer and thinking this would be an perfect Grad gift to give. Now all i gotta do is find these materials. Where would i find it at? I would do it in a slightly different pattern apparently, since this is your pattern to start with.
Anyone - please feel free to use it. I think I lost my Excel sketch when my hard drive died a few years ago, otherwise I'd post the file. But it's pretty basic - square, strip, strip, cornerstone, strip, strip (more or less). But please, help yourself! I had a 6.5" ruler, so that's how wide the big strips are. I think the stars were 4.5" and 2.5" but I might be making that up. I based the lengths off of my center piece.

I went on fabshophop.com and did their search for army and camouflage fabric ("camoflague", did get a few hits). I ended up on a website that had most of the fabrics, though it's so long ago, I can't remember where. They had fabrics for all the branches. I was super careful, I didn't want to use Marine fabric on accident... I know the Army guys wouldn't be happy :D :D Per searching just now, it looks like the Army tanks/helicopter one is a Robert Kaufman.