View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 AM
8gr8kids

All of you are babies. I am 73 yrs old and still working as a church secretary 15 hours a week at a church within sight of my house. I remember party-line telephones, have worked as a telephone operator in a store when the switchboard had plug-in lines and worked as an elevator operator when it was necessary to turn a handle to stop it at the floors. I worked most of my life as a medical transcriptionist and was the first transcriptionist to type notes at the first hospital where I worked. Before that the notes were hand-written by the transcriber. That hospital now has a large staff in medical records to do that. One of the machines used for dictation had a wax cylinder that was erased by scraping off the top layer of wax. I have a sweatshirt that I bought at a yard sale years ago that reads "Age is a number and mine is unlisted." My biggest surprise was passing a mirror one day and then going back to look again because I thought I saw my mother in it. She will be 94 this year and still drives a car and lives in alone is her own house. Guess it's in the genes. Love reading the board.