View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 AM
AudreyB

Hi

My sister told me about this site and encouraged me to join. I look forward to learning more and to sharing what I know. As with most things in life, I find that the more I learn about quilting, the more there is to learn.

I've been sewing most of my life and quilting for 13 years. Quilting is my passion and I spend way too much time on it. I've made a gazillion quilts (I lost count) and won a ribbon at a local quilt show in California several years ago.

I've taken dozens of classes and workshops and have even taught a few. I just finished teaching eight of my friends to quilt. It was fun helping them go from no quilting knowledge through the process to a completed quilt. They each ended up with two quilts, one completely finished. I've also taught several workshops for my local guild, the most recent being a mystery quilt. It was a lot of fun.

I prefer traditional quilts over artsy quilts. I tried hand quilting once and quickly decided it wasn't for me. I am a machine quilter and only hand sew the bindings. Recently I purchased a used longarm machine to work on my stack of quilt tops. It's a lot faster and way more fun!

My favorite quilting memory was sewing with two of my granddaughters. They lived with us for a while when they were 5 and 6 and I'd sew with one girl on each knee. One would help direct the fabric while the other would pull the pins. They each had a magnetic pin holder to play with when Grandma had to sew by herself. They are now 11 and 12 and live several states away (Army dad) but I'll never forget the joy of sewing with them.

Okay, enough about me. Back to my quilting!