View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 06:43 AM
amandasgramma

This quilt has been a nightmare!!! Decided to buy some $2.00 fabric to make a quilt -- first one since being away from the sewing and quilting machine for 5 months. All went well until I tried to take it off the quilting machine.....I'd sewn it to the leader!!! OH SHOOT! :roll: So I took it off, used the seam ripper to take out the last row of quilting, put it back on the machine, quilted -- okay - it looks "okay"....Took it off and discovered the top tension had gotten bumped or something --- the top thread was in huge loops on the underside!!!! :evil: Back to the seam ripper! Now I've gotten fabric that's stretched..... :thumbdown: Worked it and worked it and worked it. Got it quilted......sewed the binding on...............as I was getting ready to handsew the binding, I discovered the BACK had small gathers and pleats.....just on that last row!!!! :evil: :twisted: :thumbdown: BUT DARNIT!!!! I left it, put it under the top quilt on my bed and NO ONE will see it!!! Except you all in the pictures--and only the GOOD parts! :mrgreen: I just saw the picture's big, but I'm leaving it...too much work to change the size. Also, the bump under the quilt on the bed???? The cat decided that was fun......... :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-541.jpe   attachment-542.jpe