View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 AM
I go To The Sea To Breathe

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
Our dd and our grandson live with us.He calls her mama and calls me mom.This is the only home he has ever known I pray she never takes him away.I wanted partial custody so if anything ever happened to dd he wouldnt be taken from our[his] home by deadbeat dad[who signed away rights] but dd hasnt made up her mind.Just waiting in limbo,
Our dd was just 16 when the oldest was born, and she ask if we could get court guardianship. Whic we did, and that was so good. We did not know who his father was, so that ensurefd we would have a say with the courts, also he was covered on our health ins, his little sister was born when he was 17 months old. with counseling we found out that it is very common if the mother is under 18 she may be pregnant before 2 years are up due to self esteem type issues...they were right...he second child was born 3 months after she graduated from high school. she entered nursing school quit after 3 years and married a man move 1000 miles away. had 2 more children which were put into foster care for over a year before I drove to bring them to our home,..i had hoped that working with social service the parents woulld get their lives going, but they didn;t and I could not let the kids enter adoption process. They are a blessing to our lives. We are only parents they know...they are good college students, we did not adopt them, I did not want to cut them off from dd. but it turned out because they were considered "wards if the court" we nebver went to court, our lawyer did everthink, they qualified for all kinds of grants, scholarship (they both went on big soccer scholarship and the girl cheer leading and voice also.) They are so grateful to my dh and i and love us so much and like and feel comfortable around older people...I would do it all over again, which we did with the younger two. but they had seen their parents (the younger kids) fight for several years and actually send dd to hospital several times, so the younger came with a very large set of baggage, but they are doing well,, had them in counseling for first 2 years. But this is not what I thought I would be doing in my golden years...God is in control. My husband has had by-pass surgery 3 times, anuerysm surgery once and gallbladder, but he is still with me and keeps us on the right path.