View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:26 PM
amma
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by no1jan
I love your sewing area! Everything is so nice and open.

My house is getting way too cluttered.

I see you found a cabinet for your 201! :thumbup:

As for the screens, you may have to do what my husband did after my cat pushed our brand new screens out and was lost for over a week while I was in the hospital. He put screws into the frames to hold them in place.

:thumbup: :)
My 201 is actually sitting on the book shelf because it has not yet found a cabinet. The one in the cabinet is a 127 (I'm pretty sure that's what it is anyways, it has the Sphinx decals and the bobbin winder up high). I picked it up at a flea market today. I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to put in the work to clean it up and get it back to good working order. It works, just not well enough to sew at the moment. I really want a treadle but may just go ahead and resell this one and find one already in good working order. We'll see.

Good idea on the screens! Now if I can just get my husband out to do it. :)
I love your new sewing room!!! :D:D:D

Just check to see that the splines in the screens are firmly in place... little hands pushing on them can dislodge the screen fabric, especially if they are determined to get out :wink: also, you may want to hang something up on the top window ledge to cut the screen in case of a fire....