Old 04-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Keep up with your schedule, Patti, you plus all the other Janers on the board. Believe me, I am so close, I can almost taste it, but I stupidly committed myself to do another couple of things for other people and those deadlines are looming, so I am going to have to take care of them before I can get on with finishing. I have 36 more blocks to make yet, but I just counted, and only have another 12 square blocks to quilt (apart from the ones I haven't made), then I can do the tris.

No, I am not a particularly quilk quilter, but because I am not very fit, I sit quite a lot, and since I started quilting, I have always had a block on the go, so I could put some more stitches in when having a cuppa or whatever. Then I quilt every evening after my evening meal, and the first night I did 7, but often have done more than that and that helps a lot. Mostly, I think living on my own gives me more time than most of you will have - and of course I don't go to work either.

I wouldn't recommend ditching various DH's or partners in order to get your Janes finished - too drastic, LOL